“From its wide skies to vast, sandy, windswept beaches, Norfolk bequeaths you that most valuable and elusive thing in our crushed, hectic modern lives: a sense of space.”
Patrick Barkham, The Guardian.
Community News, Events ,
October 30th, 2018
This Remembrance Sunday marks 100 years of remembrance.
At 4.30pm in Common Place the beacon will be lit as part of the national remembrance commemoration.
From 5.30pm at The Black Lion Hotel, Little Walsingham:
Join us to raise funds for the RAF North Creake Memorial. As well as a fun auction with fabulous entertainer Olly Day there are a few other things planned for the night…
– A Remembrance talk – Commemorating Walsingham in both world wars by Nigel Morter of The Control Tower (old North Creake Airfield)
– A raffle
– Displays of those who lost their lives during the First World War in Walsingham, and the RAF North Creake memorial plans
– A hot and cold buffet is available (limited numbers) tickets must be bought in advance (£20 per person) from The Black Lion Hotel, Norfolk or The Control Tower (old North Creake Airfield)
– Auction lots are varied, catalogue now available to view at The Black Lion Hotel and The Control Tower. Online version on www.controltowerstays.com/history.html
– Drink to Remember – our fundraising beer by Beeston Brewery will be in full flow and at happy prices too.
– Commission bids can be taken, just email email@example.com or phone 01328 821574.
– On the night there is a £2 registration fee for those wishing to bid on auction lots
For more information and to view the Auction Catalogue just follow the link https://mailchi.mp/65dc45747f6b/pwb6xoz3xn-1961817?e=[UNIQID]
Events, Walsingham Parish Hall, Walsingham Picture Palace ,
October 20th, 2018
Screening at Walsingham Picture Palace, on Tuesday 23rd October, at 7.30pm
Walsingham Parish Hall, High Street, Walsingham NR22 6AA
Doors open at 7pm for refreshments and ticket sales Read full post »
Community News, News and Views magazine ,
October 10th, 2018
Just click on the cover picture below to read the October-November edition of News and Views
We welcome contributions for the December-January issue, by 31 October 2018.
Send your email to News & Views secretary Lynette06@live.co.uk.
Community News, Events, Milky Way, Walsingham Primary School ,
October 10th, 2018
The Milky Way, Walsingham breastfeeding group
Meet mums at the Wednesday Playvan playgroup for 2018-19.
For mums interested in natural feeding for any amount of time:
Learn confidence to keep your milk flowing and your nurslings relaxed;
Be encouraged about family life from birth to toddlerhood and beyond.
Mel Fielding 07875 131975
Zoe Wenzel (LLL member & Babycafé peer) 07952 677304
9.00am – 11.00am, Wednesdays, term time (buzz reception at top gate)
Walsingham CE VA Primary School, Wells Road, NR22 6DU
Read full post »
Community News, Walsingham churches ,
September 30th, 2018
All Saints East Barsham fundraising event begins.
This August has seen a major Crowd funding event begin for the restoration of this gateway Church to the domain of Our Lady of Walsingham. After the theft of roof lead and major water damage to both walls and floor, parishioners and supporters alike are working tirelessly to return this ancient pilgrim church of All Saints to full use.
With your help,the restored Church will once again welcome all pilgrims to stop, rest, pray and prepare to encounter Our Blessed Lady in England’s Nazareth.
To donate to the crowdfunding event see the “Just Giving” website All Saints East Barsham or send a cheque to East Barsham Restoration Fund.
All Saints East Barsham Restoration
5 Bridewell St, Little Walsingham, Norfolk, NR22 6 BJ