Online gathering 30th April
- Prime Minister returns to work after virus and his fiancée gives birth to a baby boy. Congratulations!
- A national minute’s silence was held for healthcare professionals who died in service
- Key workers are now able to book a virus test. 27 drive-through sites are operational including in Norwich, King’s Lynn, and Gorleston.
- New £60k life assurance scheme for front-line health and care workers is introduced
- Environment Minister urged furloughed workers to take second jobs in June harvesting UK crops
- Government announced ‘Bounce Back’ loans for small businesses
- New study initiated to track the rate of infection across the population to understand the levels of immunity
- UK charitable body Nuffield Council on Bioethics recommended the government use accountable democratic decision-making to manage the progression of the virus
- Supermarkets continue to increase the number of daily delivery slots
- Captain Tom Moore reached No 1 in a duet with Michael Ball and the NHS Voices of Care Choir, singing ‘We’ll never walk alone’
- The Church of England launched a new free 24/7 Daily Hope prayer phone line specifically for those without the internet, the number is 0800 804 8044
- Fr Harri and Clare hosted a Zoom coffee morning for the churches of St Peter’s, Great Walsingham and St Giles, Houghton-in-the-Dale