All content ©2020 Walsingham Development Group (or otherwise with permission)
For all questions and enquiries regarding this website, contact the website administrator.
This Easter week:
- Easter week Alleluia!
- The Queen gave a special message to mark the Easter weekend
- The number of deceased from Covid-19 has followed Spain and Italy. 44 NHS and care professionals have died in service.
- 5000 former NHS staff are now in post, and 10,300 former staff are ready to be deployed
- Birmingham’s NHS Nightingale Hospital now open, along with the Bristol, Harrogate and Manchester Nightingales
- Ex-RAF Coltishall base near Norwich will be made ready as a Covid-19 mortuary
- HM Treasury announced £750 million grants to support the charity sector
- All Universal Credit forms are now online
- Gov.UK amended guidance to permit those with specific health conditions e.g. autism and learning needs to take more than 1 walk per day
- North Norfolk Council has 10 co-ordination centres. They reported gratefully all tourist areas were deserted on Easter weekend
- Beware fake social media accounts asking for bank details purporting to be from gov.uk/coronavirus or nhs.uk/coronavirus sources
- The Anglican Guild of All Souls Chantry priest Fr Greany, based in Walsingham, offers a daily (private) mass specifically for the bereaved, dying and departed
- Walsingham’s Anglican junior church had Easter eggs and craft packs delivered by Fr Harri