All content ©2019 Walsingham Development Group (or otherwise with permission)
For all questions and enquiries regarding this website, contact the website administrator.
The Milky Way, Walsingham breastfeeding group
Meet mums at the Wednesday Playvan playgroup for 2018-19.
For mums interested in natural feeding for any amount of time:
Learn confidence to keep your milk flowing and your nurslings relaxed;
Be encouraged about family life from birth to toddlerhood and beyond.
Mel Fielding 07875 131975
Zoe Wenzel (LLL member & Babycafé peer) 07952 677304
9.00am – 11.00am, Wednesdays, term time (buzz reception at top gate)
Walsingham CE VA Primary School, Wells Road, NR22 6DU
- Mothering through breastfeeding is the most natural and effective way of understanding and satisfying the need of the baby.
- Mother and baby need to be together early and often to establish a satisfying relationship and an adequate milk supply.
- In the early years the baby has an intense need to be with his mother which is as basic as his need for food.
- Human milk is the natural food for babies, uniquely meeting their changing needs.
- For the healthy, full-term baby, breast milk is the only food necessary until the baby shows signs of needing solids, about the middle of the first year after birth.
- Ideally the breastfeeding relationship will continue until the baby outgrows the need.
- Alert and active participation by the mother in childbirth is a help in getting breastfeeding off to a good start.
- Breastfeeding is enhanced and the nursing couple sustained by the loving support, help, and companionship of the baby’s father. A father’s unique relationship with his baby is an important element in the child’s development from early infancy.
- Good nutrition means eating a well-balanced and varied diet of foods in as close to their natural state as possible.
- From infancy on, children need loving guidance which reflects acceptance of their capabilities and sensitivity to their feelings.